As the market for enduro-capable 29ers gets more and more crowded, the cool thing is that many of them are adding 27.5+ capability while they are at it. To do this, the Pivot Switchblade employs a twist on an existing DH hub standard (157×12) and calls it Super Boost+ 157.
The benefits of going with DH hubs is that this 135mm travel 29er can still sport ultra-short 428mm chainstays (kapow). Stays of that length would be all-but impossible without Super Boost+ 157. Many riders will be perplexed yet again by yet another hub embodiment, but here we are, friends.
This long-travel platform will undoubtedly deliver a capable ride for those looking to push big wheels harder, higher and farther.
Key features of the Pivot Switchblade
- 135mm rear travel via DW-Link
- Designed around 150mm fork, but can go to 160mm
- Modern, long/low geometry
- Compatible with 29 or 27.5+ (requires extra wheels)
- Short 428mm chainstays
- Full Di2-friendly cable routing
- Available in over 12 variations
- Pricing: $6399 – $10,099
More Info: Visit PivotCycles.com