While I enjoy a nice pair of traditional short-short running shorts, everyone else appreciates something with a bit more coverage. The problem is, more coverage means heavy and restrictive for running, right? Well, not with the GoLite Mesa Trail 9″ shorts.
Features of the GoLite Mesa Trail 9″ Shorts
- 9″ inseam
- Fast-wicking Minerale™ dual short liner
- Secure pocket
- Inset color-blocked panels
- Reflective logos
- Weight: 5 oz
- Colors: granite/mandarin orange, black/granite (tested), granite/black
- MSRP: $45
GoLite Mesa Trail 9″ Shorts Review
A good pair of running shorts are like a man’s best friend. They are so comfortable and breathable that you don’t think about them, but they keep chugging along for miles and miles. The GoLite Mesa Trail 9″ shorts have now been my “go-to” shorts for most of the Spring. I’ve appreciated many little features, so let me try and sum it all up succinctly for you.
First off, they are cut longer. They hit me 2-3″ above the knee for a nice, comfortable look and fit. While they are longer, they aren’t necessarily that much heavier at only 5 oz. The full-length mesh panels aid in freedom of movement and breathability.
My favorite feature of the Mesa Trail 9″ shorts is the soft boxer lining. Instead of the typical bikini-like lining, these shorts feature a boxer-style Minerale liner. I absolutely love how they feel and have found it to be far superior to the tradition liner styles out there.
I also appreciated that the drawstring is located on the outside of the waistband. It’s always a pain when you have to flip-and-tie, so having it on the outside is a simple, but noteworthy feature.
The single back pocket is located on the upper-right hip and allows comfortable stowage of keys, mp3 players or even something as bulky as an iPhone. The zipper can be a little difficult to open at times, but it’s a great location for bounce-free hauling.
Good Mesa Trail
- Great length for pre and post-run activity
- Nice side/back pocket for iPhone storage while running
- LOVE the boxer-style Minerale inner liner
- DWR treatment repels moisture
- Drawstring is on the outside of the waistband… so much better!
- Stretchy side panel allows freedom of movement
Bad Mesa Trail
- Some might say they are too long
- Front pockets would be nice considering they could be used for casual use
Bottom Line: GoLite Mesa Trail 9″
A great all-around pair of shorts for road and trail duty for those not wishing to show off too much thigh. A light weight feel and comfortable boxer lining are highlights of this great pair of shorts.
Buy Now: Find at Backcountry.com