The style of sunglasses you choose to wear is very personal. Every face shape, complexion, hair color, eyebrow shape, etc. plays a part in how a pair of sunglasses look. Beyond that, though, what do you think about when selecting a new pair of shades? Do you care about polarization? Do you care about a the quality of the frame? If your love of sunglasses goes beyond just the looks, then it’s time you took a hard look at Kaenon.
Kaenon Pintail Sunglasses Features:
- Lightweight, flexible TR-90 frame material
- Hand painted, matte or gloss frame colors
- 8 base lens curve
- Durable, 5-barrel stainless steel hinge
- Kaenon SR-91® Polarized Lens
- Grey, Brown, Copper lens options (based on frame color)
- Small to medium face size
- Hypoallergenic recessed Variflex™ nose pads
- Includes hard case and soft micro-fiber cleaning bag
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year, Lifetime SR-91® Lens Warranty
- Made in Italy, designed in California
- MSRP: $209
Only the best, sir
In a former life, I schlepped sunglasses for Glasses.com. Prior to that, I had already become a Kaenon fan. Their optics are beyond amazing. After letting others on the team try on a pair of Kenon’s for themselves, it didn’t take long before they were sold on the site and entrenched as staff favorites. Now that I’m out of that business, I still choose Kaenon.
For nearly two years, I’ve had the Pintail’s as my all-around sunglasses. They are in the car and have gone with me on many road trips and adventures. For me, the Pintail offers a classic, blocky style without feeling trendy. It’s something that will still look good 5 years from now.
My glasses are a translucent graphite color with red logos on the temples and Polarized G12 lenses. Kaenon’s lenses are astounding with the best optical clarity I’ve seen. If you’ve used inferior polarized lenses before, you’ve likely experienced the dreaded rainbow effect. You get none of that with these lenses.
The G12 offers 12% VLT (Visual Light Transmission) coupled with a versatile grey mirror. These lenses are well-suited for all-around use. I’ve enjoyed the clarity on the water, in the snow and around town. I’m not seeing any noticeable scratches on the lenses — even after two years of use.
Something else I appreciate is the semi-curved temples. These offer just the right snugness for me without every feeling squeezed. And, the Variflex nose pads keep everything in place — even when sweating.
- Fantastic optics
- Polarized without rainbow effect
- Lenses remain scratch-free after two years of use
- Classic style
- Some may want a little Variflex on the temples (though they stay put really well without them)
The Bottom Line: Kaenon Pintail Sunglasses
As far as a pair of casual, all-around sunglasses, I’ve had no complaints about the Pintails. They are great for fishing and just plain fantastic for daily use.
Buy Now: Visit Backcountry.com
The Pintails feature classic styling and the best-in-class SR-91 polarized lenses for the ultimate in visual clarity.
- Visual Clarity