Though short-sleeve jersey season is dwindling, mid-day rides are still prime for them. With the Hincapie Performer One Jersey, you get quite the bang-for-the-buck.
Hincapie Performer One Jersey Features:
- Fast-drying Metric™ fabric wicks moisture away from the skin.
- SPF 30+ for superior UVA/UVB protection.
- Hincapie Gel-Grip™ at bottom opening ensure jersey stays in place
- 3 rear pockets
- Colors: Black (tested), Summit, White
- MSRP: $85
Performer One Jersey Review
Coming in at a reasonable $85, the Hincapie Performer One Jersey is easy to like. After several months of use, I’ve gotten my fair share of baking sun and chilly descents and can recommend the jersey, with a couple of caveats.
The fit of the Performer One is decidedly Euro. I typically wear a size medium top and bottom in all Hincapie products, but this size medium is fairly snug. It’s actually not bad for a race-tight fit with the exception of the collar diameter, which is constricting when zipped all the way up. Only on long descents was it zipped up, so that wasn’t so much of an issue.
Black is not always the best color for heat, but I found the Metric fabric to breathe well and not not overheat. The three rear pockets aren’t generous, but are ample-sized and easily reached while in the saddle. The Hincapie Gel-Grip really kept the jersey in place.
The sleeves are cut nicely with uninhibited movement both on and off the bike. They are a nice diameter for a properly-snug fit.
- Excellent price
- Wicks well and stays stink-free after multiple uses
- Sheds heat well in spite of color
- Available in bright colors
- Collar diameter is too small
- Dangly zipper pull clangs against helmet buckle
Bottom Line: Hincapie Performer One
Easy on the wallet with straightforward function and style, the Hincapie Performer One Jersey stays cool and airy on warm rides and offers an excellent race fit.
Buy Now: Buy at CompetitiveCyclist.com