Trail running and Arc’teryx go hand-in-hand. With a nod to summertime performance, the Arc’teryx Cormac Comp Short-sleeve Shirt is a breathable, comfortable shirt that’s perfect for long or short days on the trail.
Arc’teryx Cormac Comp SS Shirt Features
- Strategically placed seams increase comfort and reduce chafing
- Reza™ mesh fabric in side panels promotes venting for temperature regulation
- Gridded fabric in body and arms has wicking yarn, excellent stretch and good next to skin feel
- Highly air permeable—allows air and moisture to move through the fabric for speed drying
- UPF 50+
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Weight: 105 grams (medium, actual)
- MSRP: $75
Run. Wick. Run. Wick
Moisture wicking is the name of the game with trail running shirts and that’s just what the Arc’teryx Cormac Comp short-sleeve shirt is made to do. The combination of the Reza mesh and gridded fabrics throughout this shirt are placed in just the right spots for optimal moisture wicking and comfort for hot days on the trail.
The fit isn’t what I’d call slim and I’ve been perfectly-content with the size medium on my 5’11” 170 lb. body. It drapes nicely and has proper hem and sleeve length to keep myself from looking like Britney Spears when I raise my hands and prevent me from exposing the awesome farmer tan lines on my arms. The shirt is made for running movements and does so quite well, though I do find it a little loose on the tops of the shoulders when I’m walking around before or after a trail run.
These days, there are a myriad of awesome fabrics that excel at moisture transfer and in my testing, the combination of the Reza mesh and gridded fabric on the body kept me from feeling clammy and dried out in a jiffy. All seams are flat-stitched, so you don’t have to worry about chafing if you wear a hydration vest on top. I did just that on a long hike on Mt Timpanogos and the Cormac Comp SS wears well under a hydration pack.
While out on the trails, I’ve had a couple of occasions where the fabric snagged on a branch and I’m happy to report that it doesn’t show any signs of it. So far, it has proven very durable.
Note on fit: I’m 5’11” and 170 lbs. The size Medium is perfect for me, with just the right amount of length and size through the body. Not too tight and not too loose.
- Comfortable fabric next-to-skin
- Excellent breathability and moisture transfer
- Looks nice and casual for before/after adventures
- Great cut (hem and sleeve lengths)
- Cool heathered look
- Doesn’t sit perfectly across the shoulders
The Bottom Line: Arc’teryx Cormac Comp Shirt
Tops on my list for a good running shirt is breathability, then next-to-skin comfort is a close second. The Cormac Comp SS features a great fabric combination that breathes well in warm weather and feels comfortable and chafe-free.
Buy Now: Available at Backcountry.com