My gravity days are well in the past, but looking at the new 2011 RockShox BoXXer World Cup Keronite® has me thinking… maybe I owe it to myself to swing a leg over a modern DH rig at Deer Valley this summer? Hmmm. Coming in as a mid-year release, the new BoXXer is short on weight but long on great new features. So, the battle ensues… Fox Kashima or RockShox Keronite?
2011 RockShox BoXXer World Cup Keronite Highlights:
- At 2,689 grams, it is the lightest DH fork on the market
- Updated damping featured in World Cup and R2C2 models for increased wheel traction
- Redesigned valve for long-travel-specific Mission Control DH damping system gives more responsiveness
- BoXXer World Cup model receives entirely new Solo Air spring for reduced friction and increased durability
- Updated Maxle Lite DH for additional stiffness and optimal bearing preload
- New damping-adjust knob shapes and detents for increased grip and engineered for ease of use, with or without gloves.
- Decals positioned under clear coat with hard-anodized black crowns for durability
- MSRP: $1700 USD
Here’s the latest release on the new BoXXer World Cup Keronite, which will be available in May.
The passion for racing has always been the inspiration for RockShox engineers to develop new exciting products. Since its introduction in 1996 the BoXXer has won over 10 elite downhill World Championships and more than 66 World Cup races. Fuelling this passion while exploring the limits, the world’s best riders like Sam Hill, Myles Rockwell, Steve Peat and Greg Minnaar have been propelled to fame with advanced technology–like special long-travel DH air spring systems.
Beyond the light new finish, this grey uber-fork is now more responsive on small bumps creating a bike that will stay more stead y and stable thanks to design updates to the Mission Control DH damper. The increased responsiveness improves traction and front wheel guidance, largely credited to the redesigned rebound piston valve that has enhanced performance and function to provide increased bike control for the rider.
Tool-free tuning! No tools are needed for on-trail adjustments thanks to repositioned knobs on the upper side of the fork legs. The rider can easily tune the compression for the high speed mode (in 18 clicks) and for the low speed adjustment (14 clicks). No World Cup mechanic necessary–just ride, change the clicks and ride again until you go fast.
Topping the race ready details of the new BoXXer WC Keronite® are a lightweight pair of hard-anodized black crowns with durable transfer-decals that sit under the protective clearcoat for the ultra clean fit and finish you expect from a pure racing tool. The BoXXer World Cup Keronite® with Mission Control DH damping and SoloAir spring system will be available in shops beginning in May 2011 and will have a MSRP of $1,700 (USD). For more info about Keronite® please visit: http://www.keronite.com.