Truly, we are approaching “peak XC” at this point. World Cup XC race courses are gnarly beasts and the bikes needed for them are getting more and more everyday-friendly. As a result, we’re finally achieving XC nirvana and we couldn’t be more stoked at the advances we’re seeing in 100-120mm travel 29ers.
The previous-generation Oiz suffered from a lack of rear-end stiffness, but the 2017 flavor changes the game on all levels. Taking queues from the new Occam, the Oiz now sports a sexier, more updated front-triangle mated to a modern, wider and stiffer rear triangle. Of course, it’s built around Boost 148 axles and continues with the Formula 1-inspired UFO suspension design for a lightweight and stiff ride.
2017 Orbea Oiz Key Features:
- 29″ wheels on M-XL and 27.5″ wheels on S-M
- OMR and OMP carbon frameset options
- Up to 2.4″ tire clearance
- XC-optimized UFO suspension with 95mm rear travel
- Designed for 100mm forks (Fox Float throughout line)
- Custom-tuned kinematics for racy performance with bottomless feel
- Both 1x and 2x options on all builds (is 2x even a thing?)
- Boost front and rear
- New internal cable routing — including dropper post
- Longer reach, shorter stack, shorter stays and relaxed head angle (70-deg)
- Pricing: M-LTD OMR ($8999), M-Team OMR ($7999), M10 OMP ($5599), M120 OMP ($4699), M30 OMP ($3999) and M50 OMP ($3299)
- Lightest build is sub 10 kg. (~22 lbs.)
- Available now — check your local dealer
We’re still waiting on official geometries and build kits, so stay tuned for updates.
More Info: Visit Orbea.com