For 2011, Specialized is hitting the 29er market hard. A full range of 29ers will be unveiled with the creme-de-la-creme S-Works Epic 29er representing the new benchmark in big-hooped XC land. With Specialized riders atop World Cup podiums on 29ers, it’s only natural that they would wish to lead the category in weight and performance. With it’s entirely-new FACT carbon layup, the frame is stiffer and sexier to boot. While you’ll certainly pay a premium for this new wonderbike, it has all the makings of becoming the ultimate benchmark.
Look out Trek/Fisher Superfly, there’s a new 29er XC racer coming your way for 2011 — the S-Works Epic 29er. Here are a few specs:
- Fox Mini Brain rear shock
- New 142×12 thru-axle frame/rear hub
- Full 2×10 drivetrain with SRAM XX
- S-Works carbon 2×10 cranks
- Tapered head tube
- Custom RockShox Reba fork with Brain technology
- All-new Roval carbon fiber wheels (these look awesome!)
- At 21.27 lbs, it’s the lightest full-suspension 29er on the market
- MSRP: $9400
More details will surface as the 2011 products come online, but this bike is certainly drool-worthy!
More Info: Visit Specialized.com