It seems like it was not long ago that Norco was shoehorned as a “Shore Bike” company. Built for shredders in the latest bike film, their long-travel bikes were shown dropping insane lines and balancing on mind-boggling stunts. Well, not any longer. Norco has made a huge name for themselves with the Range and Sight trail/enduro bikes and has even gained a ton of praise for their Search all-road bike.
Building on that success, Norco is launching the all-new Optic short-travel trail bike that’s available in both 29er and 650b formats. Why both? Well, there now exist staunch 29er believers (ahem, me) and those who believe that 650b offers the best of both worlds. We can all have our cake and eat it too with this new bike.
After the industry went hog-wild with long-travel “enduro” bikes, it’s nice to see some play in the 100-130mm travel market, which is where I think the Goldilocks of bikes exists. The Optic looks like a great bike from our friends up North.
Norco Optic Features:
- 29er: 110mm travel (rear) and 120mm (front)
- 650b: 120mm travel (rear) and 130mm (front)
- Available in carbon front/aluminum rear or full aluminum models
- Boost 148 rear spacing and 110 front
- Dropper posts standard on all levels
- Modern, optimized geometry that’s long and low with short chainstays
- MSRP: $7199 – $3599 (USD)
More: Visit Norco.com