Back when 29ers were still in their infancy, Yeti was notably against them. It wasn’t until some employees started toying around with the big wheels that the company launched the Big Top — a hardtail 29er that eluded to the circus bike that many felt it was. As it turns out, that bike was a ton of fun and got Yeti rolling on big wheels for good.
Since that time, every 29er they’ve released has been well-received. In fact, the ASRc remains one of my favorite bikes on the market.
Now, Yeti is taking their SB4.5c to new levels with a 140mm travel enduro/trail/gravity bike, the SB5.5c. Of course it’s built around their patented Switch Infinity suspension platform and it features all the latest technology and geometry you’d expect.
- High-modulus carbon fiber frame and rear triangle
- Switch Infinity Suspension with 140mm rear travel
- Full builds feature 160mm travel Fox forks
- Boost 148 rear axle
- Internal cable routing
- PF92 bottom bracket
- Up to 2.4″ tire
- Weight: 6.0 lbs (frame), 28.6-27.5 lbs (complete kits)
- 1x build kits range from $5,699 to $10,599
- Colors: Silver or Turquoise
My only wish? Well, a water bottle mount inside the front triangle, but that’s a tall task with the Switch Infinity suspension design. A single mount under the downtube will have to do, I guess.
More: Visit Yeti.com