Every Rocky Mountain I’ve ridden comes to the trailhead ready to party. Not once have I ridden one that wasn’t a hoot on the trails. Now, Rocky is extending that same fun-factor to the world of fat bikes. The 2015 Rocky Mountain Blizzard is built with a suspension-specific design and trail-bike geometry to carry over that signature ride onto the snow.
Most fat bikes aren’t all that much to look at, but Rocky has conjured up just the right mix of good looks and performance parts with the Blizzard. I like the 1×10 drivetrain for simplicity and the new RockShox Bluto up front for good measure, but the whole package just comes together nicely.
2015 Rocky Mountain Blizzard Details:
- Wide 4.7” tires provide optimized traction and stability across snow, sand, and soft trails, giving rider the opportunity to climb steep terrain and navigate Mother Nature’s natural terrain park
- Agile geometry keeps the Blizzard feeling like a true mountain bike, following the legendary ride quality Rocky Mountain is famous for
- Frame Bag (sold separately) designed specifically for the Blizzard by Porcelain Rocket, Strapless system helps keep all your gear safe and dry with water resistant fabric and waterproof zippers. Main compartment allows for jacket or food, with expandable pocket for tools and other needed items
- RockShox Bluto RL 100mm suspension fork with 15x150mm thru axle
- 2 x Anything CageTM mounts + extra bosses allowing additional custom frame bag options.
- Custom designed Race Face 24T narrow wide single ring, featuring drive-side offset for optimal shifting performance while maximizing climbing ability
- Custom designed Race Face bashguard mounted to outboard, provides ultimate protection while allowing for easy 2x conversions – expanding versatility
- Front derailleur mount allows for rider conversion (optional)
- Sealed bearing 6-pawl heavy duty freehub system increases torque on steep climbs in soft conditions
- Internally routed full length housing
- Stealth dropper post compatible
More Info: Visit Bikes.com