Yo, 2010 called and it wants its front derailleur back. The Santa Cruz Nomad is going bigger (650b wheels) and sports a re-designed VPP linkage that keeps it out of harm’s way. To accomplish this, the Nomad doesn’t even pretend to think anyone will want a front derailleur.
For a bike with 165mm rear travel and a super-slack 65-degree head angle, the front derailleur should be an afterthought as this bike will blur into V10 territory for some DH courses and will certainly be perfect for running SRAM XX1 on many Enduro courses. Behold the new Nomad.
All-new Nomad Features:
- Optimized VPP design with recessed lower link (looks so sexy) and V10 upper link
- 165mm rear travel
- 65-degree head angle
- Increased cockpit reach (by as much as an inch)
- Internal cable routing for stealth dropper post
- Full carbon front and rear triangle
- ISCG mount
- Frame Weight: 6.2 lbs
- MSRP: $2999 (frame only) or $6599 (X01 kit)
More Info: Visit SantaCruzBicycles.com