Pop-up headlights, Sony Betamax, Blackberry phones and now the Hover System. All of those innovations were heralded for their aesthetics or superior function, but ultimately, were replaced by something simpler, sleeker and approachable. Canyon’s first Grail touted the double-decker bars and unique head tube, but the all-new 2024 Canyon Grail goes all-in with modern integration, optimized layups and aerodynamic shapes to eke out even more performance on those long gravel courses. But, they have also added more capability along the way.
In short, the all-new Grail looks like a modern gravel bike and has all the capabilities and aerodynamics you’d expect from Canyon Bicycles. And, this bike already has a host of palmares, including 2023 UCI Women’s Gravel World Champion and 2023 Unbound 100/200 Women’s champs as well as several podium finishes in other races. It’s safe to say that this bike is poised to deliver even more wins next year.
Highlights of the 2024 Canyon Grail include:
- Aerodynamic tube shapes throughout resulting in 9.1 watts saved at 45 km/h
- Double Drop Bar features 5-deg back sweep, double flared drops and double hoods
- Semi-integrated cables
- CFR and SLX drop bars feature Gear Groove integration for mounting lights, aero extensions, bike computers, etc.
- Aero Load System with downtube Hatch and Load Fidlock Quickloader bag
- Slackened head tube and 27mm longer wheelbase, eradicating the “tipping point on the predecessor for more evenness when you lean in,” according to Pete Stetina
- New D-shaped seatpost replaces the VCLS and drops 45 grams
- Fenders allow same 42mm tire clearance
- Load fork sleeves further extend hauling capability
- CFR is 118 gram lighter frame and fork and laterally stiffer where needed
- US models will range from $2699 to $8999
- CF SLX 8 Di2 ($4999) and CFR LTD models ($8999) will be available at launch, with others becoming available between now and early 2024
More Info: Visit Canyon.com