Niner has long been serving up the 29er Kool-Aid, but now will be dishing out a straight-up 27.5″ version of their brand new RIP 9 RDO for 2019. The brand new carbon frame follows the lower/longer progression that we’ve seen with modern, mid and long-travel trailbikes. We’re now talking 140mm of CVA suspension in the rear matched with 150mm forks.
After nearly 15 years of preaching 29ers, even the most staunch wagon-wheelers have succumbed to mid-size wheels. I’ll just leave it to their own words to explain themselves.
Over the years, riders have told us that they love the stable yet supple, consistent and controlled behavior of our CVA suspension. They love the brand. They love the designs.
But they want more standover, less rotating weight, and the fast handling, quick draw agility of 27.5ers. So, they want a Niner, but they actually want a Twenty-Seven- Fiver. But one that’s made by Niner. Go figure.
Well, here it is. We built the most badass non-Niner Niner we’ve ever made.
Why didn’t we just make a 29er that also fits 27.5-inch wheels? Because compromises. If we’re going to do something so big (or should we say, small?) and something so contrary to our brand history, dammit, we’re doing it right. There are inherent compromises in making frames to fit multiple wheel sizes. We’ll have none of that.
So, starting today, you can get the latest Niner RIP 9 RDO in dedicated 29 or 27.5 options with the following new features:
- 140mm of stable yet supple CVA suspension with 150mm fork travel.
- Available in dedicated 29er and 27.5er versions. (We know. WTF?)
- Longer, lower, and slacker than any Niner ever made.
- Flip chip geometry adjustment for even MORE cowbell.
- Wider and stiffer Rib Cage main triangle, for precise handling.
- Durable, long-lasting Enduro Max “Black Oxide” pivot bearings.
- Clearance for 2.6-inch tires, plus whatever mud they wanna drag along with ‘em.
- Refined suspension curve for sensitive early stroke and supportive mid-stroke.
- End-to-end, Full Sleeve internal cable guides and factory-installed frame protection.
Four builds will be offered in each flavor, ranging from $4500 for 2-star and $8800 for 5-star builds.
More Info: Visit Ninerbikes.com