Last year, our friends at ECHOS Communications organized a Builders for Builders raffle to benefit the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship. They raised over $40,000 and one lucky rider won a dream bike of their choice. Sierra Buttes organizes races like the Downieville Classic and Grinduro and spends the rest of their time maintaining and expanding trails for mountain biking, hiking, horseback and OHV use in Northern California.
This year, one lucky $10 ticket will walk away with bespoke bike of their choosing from Mosaic, Argonaut, McGovern, Sklar or Stinner. Here’s the word from ECHOS:
Bikes are at the heart of what we do at ECHOS Communications, and we’re pleased to be able to give back to the cycling community whenever we can. For the second year in a row, ECHOS is shepherding the Builders for Builders raffle, benefitting the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship and funding the amazing work they do. Last year we raised more than $40k for the SBTS. Their work is instrumental in expanding recreational opportunities in Northern California, bringing economic growth to their region through trail construction and maintenance, event promotion, and working with their communities to promote the region as an outdoor destination.
With Builders for Builders, ECHOS brings together five top US bicycle builders to raffle off a custom handmade “dream bike.” The winner will choose their builder, with all the builders joining to support each other in delivering a truly unique bike. The raffle will take place on June 7, following the SBTS’s “Lost and Found” gravel race in Portola CA, where all five builders will be racing the bikes they built for the event, each of which is painted in the colors of the Sierra Buttes.
Tickets are on sale now at https://sierratrails.org/builders-for-builders, and at $10 a ticket it’s an easy way to support a nonprofit making a difference for Northern California, while earning entrants the cheapest chance they’ll ever have to win their dream bike fabricated in the US from carbon fiber, steel or titanium, equipped with components from White Industries and ENVE Composites.
About the Dreambike Builders
Argonaut, McGovern, Mosaic, Sklar and Stinner are all known for their exquisite bicycles, which often top out over $10k and feature ride quality and artistic touches unavailable in mass-produced bikes.
- Argonaut is from Bend Oregon. Founder Ben Farver began fabricating steel bikes 10 years ago, shifting to carbon when he realized that he could use new techniques to offer the ride of steel with less weight and better durability. argonautcycles.com
- McGovern hails from Nevada City in the Sierra, where he began building in carbon and is now also incorporating steel into unique bi-material frames such as his Builders for Builders bike. mcgoverncycles.com
- Mosaic Cycles celebrates 10 years of excellence in titanium in 2019. With multiple wins at the North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show, they are known for making bikes that look as good as they perform. mosaiccycles.com
- Adam Sklar’s signature swoopy curves are the product of an engineering background, as he looks for new ways to shape frames to deliver smoothness and confident handling. Building in steel and titanium, his newest metal integration is using 3D-printed parts in critical areas. sklarbikes.com
- Stinner Cycles of Santa Barbara builds businesslike frames where the richness of detail and purposefulness becomes more apparent on closer examination. Also building in both steel and ti, Stinner’s paint schemes are known as some the best in the bike world. stinnerframeworks.com
Enter Now: Visit SierraButtes.org