Old things become new and new things become old, so they say. Well, Santa Cruz believes that reviving old classics is not only good for a few cliche’s, but good for riders looking for a versatile, no-nonsense and affordable bike. So, with that in mind, we present the all-new Santa Cruz Chameleon hardtail — available in either 29 or 27.5+ variations.
It’s aluminum and it’s trail worthy — an excellent combo for an entry-level bike, a second bike, a fun bike or even a trusty bike-packing steed. The latter is something we’d eye it for and most certainly in the 27.5+ variant. 27.5+ hardtails are just so darn fun and versatile.
A few Chameleon 7 features:
- 6000-series aluminum frame
- Built for 120mm travel fork
- Compatible with 29 or 27.5+ wheels
- Threaded 73mm BB — huzzah!
- Trailbike geometry
- Can accept a front derailleur (if you’re still into that sort of thing)
- Internal routing for stealth dropper posts
- Available as complete or frame-only
- Geared or single speed via swappable dropouts
- Weight: 27.7 lbs – 29.5 lbs (4.6 lb frame)
- Color: Olive Green
- MSRP: $1599 – $1999 ($749 frame)
More Info: Visit SantaCruzBicycles.com