Last year, we reviewed the original Redshift Arclight Smart LED Pedals, and found them to be awesome for bike commuting — especially with an eBike. Now, Redshift has put their SmartSet lights into two more technical pedals for more demanding riders.
At the core, the drop-in smart lights still provide the same direction-sensing lights that change from white to red, depending on where they are placed. While they do offer 36 hours of light, you’ll find that they turn off automatically after a ride and turn back on seamlessly. Looking further at the details of each of the new pedals, they do drop about 100 grams from the city models, but they are still over 600 grams with all four light modules installed. Needless to say, I’m still thinking they are best-suited for your townie or commuter bike, though Redshift believes they are suitable for any bike. I’m not ditching my Look X-Track Race Carbon Ti pedals anytime soon, but the new Arclight PRO’s do make a case for added safety for road riding both night and day.
Arclight PRO Clipless and Flat Pedal Features:
- Fully CNC machined aluminum 3 high precision, low friction sealed bearings
- Clipless (dual sided clipless with removable wings)
- Flat – includes 10 traction pins/side and removable wings Silver or Black replaceable wings
- Fully rebuildable SmartSet Technology
- Pedals sense when you are riding, stopped or parked and auto-select white/red color
- USB rechargeable – use any USB charger (hub for 4 lights included) L
- ong battery life – up to 36 hours of run time 3 light modes – flash, eco-mode, solid
- Weatherproof – IPX 64
- 1 year warranty
- Arclight PRO pedals ship with pedals, rechargeable lights, and charging hub.
- Arclights work on all types of bicycles; road, MTB, gravel, urban, and e-bikes.
- MSRP: $174.99 PRO Clipless, $159.99 PRO Flat
Learn More: Visit Redshiftsports.com