Roval wheels are easily the winningest wheels at the WorldTour level this season. We’ve thoroughly tested two existing models this year (CL 50 Disc and CLX 32 650b) and found them to perform at a very high level — well beyond their price points.
As gravel bikes have become more and more capable, tire clearance has continued to expand and the variety of wider rubber has increased. Tires like the Specialized Pathfinder Pro and WTB Byway have set a high standard — both tires roll fast, offer great traction and set up tubeless in a jiffy. Heading into 2020, Roval is stepping things up in a big way with two rim shapes for modern gravel riding. And, these wheels aren’t specifically built for a Specialized model, but will fit nicely on gravel bikes of all shapes, tire clearances and wheel sizes.
With these new rims, Roval engineers have designed exceptionally-light wheels that feature 25-30mm internal widths and adhere to MTB standards. Yup, the Terra EVO is a whopping 30mm between the beads! Check out these beauties.
Roval Terra and Terra EVO Wheelset Features:
- MTB-level durability
- Road-level weights
- Layup optimized for ultimate balance of ride feel, durability and weight
- Tubeless-first design; the best fit and easiest installation
- DT 180EXP hub internals offer light weight, stiffness, reliability and ease of service
- Hooked bead for security with any tire choice
- Lifetime warranty
- 240 lb. rider weight limit
- Tire compatibility for the widest range of options:
- CLX: 700×28-42mm (1296 grams)
- CLX EVO 700: 38-47mm (1303 grams)
- CLX EVO 650: 42mm – 2.1″ (1357 grams)
- Terra CLX and Terra CLX EVO Models will Retail for $2500
The extra-wide Roval Terra and Terra EVO wheelsets will arrive at dealers soon. Looking at the specs, it’s incredible that wheels this wide come in at such light weights, yet adhere to MTB strength standards.
More Info: Visit RovalComponents.com
All photos courtesy Roval. — muchas gracias!