Oh yes, the Tallboy. We all know and love the trail/XC-friendly Santa Cruz Tallboy. As one of the best-selling bikes on the market and certainly the top-selling bike in the Santa Cruz lineup, any improvements are well-planned and executed.
For 2017, the Tallboy 3 gets Boost 148 rear spacing, revised geometry, 10mm extra travel and more optimizations to modernize this already-capable performer.
Tallboy 3 Highlights:
- Adaptable from 29er to 27.5+ with 3″ tire clearance
- Boost 148 rear axle for stiffer wheels and shorter stays (now at 13.3mm)
- Slackened head angle from 70.2 to 68 degrees
- Addition of Flip Chip to account for 27.5+ configuration
- Threaded bottom bracket — of course
- Revised suspension curve for an even more supple ride
- Available in Yellow/Emerald or Dark Grey/Rust colors
With build kits ranging from X01 and X01+ at $6499 or a full XX1 kit at $7799, the Tallboy 3 has never been cheap, but it is one fine performer.
More Info: Visit SantaCruzBikes.com