When it comes to outdoorsy folks, nothing is more ubiquitous than the short-sleeved plaid shirt. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. But, not all short-sleeved shirts are created equal and sometimes it takes awhile to find just the right one. The Merrell Spring River shirt has a lot to offer in a simple package.
Merrell Spring River Shirt Features:
- Merrell Opti-Wick™ fabric transfers moisture away from your skin and dries quickly to keep you comfortable
- 100% polyester
- SPF 20+
- TPU reinforced chest pocket stabilizes contents with a tech-savvy flair
- Raglan sleeves for mobility and comfort under carrying straps
- Grosgrain tape detail on side vents
- Six plaid colorways
- MSRP: $60
Merrell Spring River Shirt Review
Built with Merrell’s Opti-Wick fabric, the Spring River Shirt is not only a great-looking shirt for work, but that also means it plays well when pushed. Some might opt to use this shirt for dedicated outdoor activities, but I prefer to use it as a multi-use office/play/impromptu adventure shirt.
Starting out with the fit, the size Medum fits my 5’10” 170 lb frame to perfection. It’s neither baggy nor tight anywhere… in other words, perfect. There are many nice features that I like about the Spring River Shirt. The reinforced chest pocket offers a unique flair and simplifies the look since there’s no stitched-on front pocket. It provides a clean and unique look.
The length lends itself well to a casual, untucked look (my preference by far). But, it can go tucked to kick it up a notch for that important meeting or night out on the town.
Not much to complain about on the Spring River, but I will mention a couple of things. The collar tends to spread out, Travolta-style during the course of the day. I wish it would hold its shape just a little better or that the second button were about an inch higher to minimize the spread. It also does get stinky after about 2 days of wear, so keep that in mind for extended trips without washing machines.
Good Spring River
- The perfect cut (I think)
- Comfortable fabric that wears well at the office or impromptu adventures
- Cool features make it stand out (pocket)
- Resists staining well
Bad Spring River
- Collar can spread out Travolta-style over the course of the day
- Two days wear max… then it needs washing
Bottom Line: Merrell Spring River Shirt
Ubiquitous, but unique all at the same time, the Merrell Spring River Shirt offers a cool twist on the plaid outdoorsy shirt. Equally at home at the office or at play, this one is a great option for the active desk jockey.
Buy Now: Visit Merrell.com