At CES today, Polar officially launched their all-new V800 training watch. This new watch aims to solve some of the problems that plague other training watches by packing everything an athlete could want into a wearable and technology-packed package. The watch offers sleek, sexy styling and uses Bluetooth Smart for wireless syncing to mobile devices or laptops and accessories.
Targeted at the swim/bike/run crowd, the new V800 looks to be a fantastic option for cycling or running purists as well. Initial wearability and function look good. And, while the Suunto Ambit 2S is quite the watch, but the V800 looks to one-up the Ambit on several levels. All the new technology could prove to be initially buggy, but nothing that early-adopters aren’t used to. It’s definitely a cool new watch and I’m anxious to see one in person at Outdoor Retailer later this month.
Quick Polar V800 Feature List:
- Purpose-built for swim/bike/run
- GPS for speed, distance, pace, etc.
- Heart rate monitoring
- Barometer for altitude
- Temperature sensor
- 30m water resistance
- Bluetooth Smart connectivity (not compatible with ANT+)
- Includes accelerometer for continuous activity monitoring
- Will export to .GPX format
- Availability: April 2014
- MSRP: $399 (without HR strap) or $449 (with HR strap)
More Info: Visit PolarV800.com