In the last couple of seasons, pretty much every manufacturer has launched a disc-specific cyclocross bike. Well, everyone except for Scott (yeowch). They were admittedly caught bringing a knife to a gunfight as Scott athletes lined up with cantilever brakes amongst a sea of discs. Fast-forward a year later and Scott is ready to unleash their carbon knowledge with the all-new Addict CX. I’m betting on a quick recovery and so is Scott.
The new Addict CX borrows from the learnings of the Addict and Solace road platforms, but in a cross-specific incarnation. One look and the 2016 Addict CX 10 has some serious swagger.
On paper, here’s how the new top-end ‘crosser gets sorted:
- More comfortable, stiffer and lighter than the previous Addict CX
- Disc brakes only
- Size-specific tube shapes and layup
- Industry-leading 1300 gram frame/fork
- 100×12 front and 142×12 rear thru axles
- Outward-mounted seat stays, like the Solace
- 27.2mm seatpost for additional compliance
- Optional chain guide for additional chain retention
- Accommodates both post mount and flat mount brake standards
- PF86 bottom bracket
- Dropper post compatible
- Mud-shedding chainstays (way cool)
- 40mm tire clearance
- Complete with SRAM Force 1 groupset
- Syncros carbon cockpit
- Syncros RP1.0 carbon wheelset
- Price: $5899
No doubt, the new Addict CX 10 will quickly gain favor and help us all forget previous missteps. With the new Addict CX 10, Scott is now taking on cyclocross with the proper weapon.
Learn More: Visit Scott-Sports.com