The definition of endurance bikes has changed and the all-new 2019 Norco Section Carbon is the epitome of that new definition. It’s got ample tire clearance for all-road tires and the adventures that come with it, but it’s not going to clear 2.1″ MTB tires (like the 3T Exploro or OPEN U.P.P.E.R.). That’s just dandy because the Section’s 35mm clearance is just right for Gran Fondos, group rides, choppy pavement and light-to-moderate gravel duty.
The geometry sits right where a modern endurance bike should be. It has enough stack/reach to comfortably fit the majority of riders who don’t need a race fit and will still look great with a few spacers, if needed. No word on frame or complete build weights yet. And, they did continue with PressFit BB386 bottom brackets instead of threaded. Overall, the new Section looks to deliver an all-duty bike for the masses without promising monster truck capabilities.
Norco Section Carbon Features:
- Optimized for on-road performance
- All-day comfort
- Size-specific sizing and ride quality
- Specifically built around 28-35mm tires from the start
- Can carry 3 water bottles
- Hidden fender mounts with space for 32mm tires
- Modern endurance geometry that’s not too racy, nor too tall
- MSRP: $2799 – $4449
More Info: Visit Norco.com