With a plethora of options in custom cycling jerseys on the market, what makes the Canari SS VPro different? For me, it comes down to fit and function and this one has both dialed.
Canari Custom VPro Jersey Features:
- Full front locking zipper with garage
- Double back pockets with built in media pocket
- Cord control system from media pocket to rear neck
- Canari dotted silicone gripper on back bottom hem
- Drycore, Solito and Litetech fabrics
- Fitted, raglan sleeves
- Made in the USA
- MSRP: $60 (6-11 pieces)
When it comes to creating a custom jersey for your company, group or cycling club, there are a plethora of options. Nearly every major manufacturer has their own custom jersey department. Last year, I was provided with a Canari Custom jersey from the folks at BikeDealerCamp. This jersey has quickly found a place as one of my favorites.
For starters, it’s a full zip. I won’t bother telling you just how much I loathe anything but a full-zip jersey — full zip is all I’ll wear. From there, the fit was perfect. I was given a size Large, which fits my 5’11”, 175 lb frame perfectly. I like a form fit, but don’t want to feel like a sausage, so this one fits that bill — no excess fabric flapping in the wind and nobody will confuse me for a bratwurst.
I’ve also been impressed with the feel of the fabric. It feels comfortable next-to-skin and breathes well. It also kept me warm on cooler morning rides. While this budget-minded jersey is low on price, it’s mixure of fabrics sets it apart as a step above others in the same category. The stretchy raglan sleeves and breathable mesh side panels improve performance and fit.
The two, large back pockets are perfect for stashing items, though three would be fantastic. If you buy the Crown Jersey, that’s what you’ll get, but the VPro only features two rear pockets. It does, however, include a sweet zipped media pocket that easily fit my iPhone 4, but struggles with my iPhone 5 while my LifeProof case is installed. Expanding the size of that pocket to accomodate today’s larger screens would be recommended.
- Great form fit
- Create your own design with the help of Canari Custom
- Excellent pricing with a 6 piece minimum
- Love the media pocket, but could be slightly larger
- Hem stays put well with grippyness
- Zipper is easy to pull and feature simple, functional pulls
- Media pocket could be slightly larger
- Three pockets are always better than two
The Bottom Line
If your club is sourcing custom jerseys, check out Canari Custom’s VPro. It offers excellent features at a great price. I’ve been impressed with the overall fit, function and the mixture of fabrics. And, the dedicated media pocket is a nice touch!
Buy Now: Visit Canari Custom