Cyclocross season is just around the corner and with it comes cooler temperatures (yes, it’s true). With those sloppy, muddy and wet conditions on their way, Castelli has introduced the first cyclocross-specific one-piece SpeedSuit: The SanRemo SpeedSuit CX. While it is aimed at CX racers, I don’t see why it wouldn’t find a home with any mountain or road racer as well who is looking for a little extra versatility.
The road-focused SanRemo SpeedSuit was a hit with team Garmin-Sharp-Barracuda riders who loved the unified design, improved aerodynamics, regular jersey/bib feel and simplicity. And, the US-based Cannondale prepared by CyclocrossWorld.com CX team has selected Castelli apparel for the 2012/13 cyclocross season. They will be sporting a variety of Castelli products — including the new SanRemo SpeedSuit CX.
For cyclocross in particular, riders will certainly appreciate the longer sleeves and unified design to keep the elements at bay. It’s available in both standard Lycra or thermal fabrics.
Features of the SanRemo CX Include:
- Patented San Remo suit construction blends efficiency of a traditional skinsuit with ease of jersey and short combination
- Body Paint single-piece construction of the shorts
- Jersey and shorts are sewn at the waist to leave the front, middle quarter open. This allows for a full zip jersey that has absolutely no irritating front folding when you’re in the riding position.
- Longer center front and more shoulder room for off-the-bike flexibility
- Full-length high quality zipper with a large pull tab that easily can be grabbed with muddy gloves
- Kiss3 seatpad is moved back further to keep it from catching on a riders saddle when remounting
- Fleecy Thermoflex fabric for cold conditions; Lycra with 3?4 sleeve for warm
- Higher neck provides extra protection
- Giro3 single-layer leg ending
- Available through Castelli’s Servizio Corse custom program
- Pricing: Standard $349; Custom $250 (Lycra 3/4 sleeve); $270 Thermoflex long sleeve
- Standard is available to consumers in mid-September; also available to order now through Servizio Corse program with a delivery time of eight weeks
More Info: Visit Serviziocorse.Castelli-Cycling.com