We’re decidedly in the “Pre-Sea Otter Season.” The time when bike all the big boys start releasing their latest new products for the 2017 model year. SRAM has hit the ground running with their latest 1x offerings with NX 1 for mountain bikes and now Apex 1 for road, cyclocross, gravel and fitness bikes.
The benefits of 1x are easy to grasp. It’s simpler to set up, simpler to use, lighter and can be pretty darn versatile. Yeah, in some chainring/cassette combinations you lose some of the high or low end, but for a purpose-built bike, there’s no getting around the fact that simplicity always wins.
And now, those same benefits are available to more road riders with the launch of Apex 1 for road. The guts of the system include:
- SRAM Apex 1 rear derailleur with X-Horizon and Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM S350 1x crankset with X-Sync chainrings
- SRAM Apex 1 11-speed flat bar shifter
- SRAM Apex 1 HRD shift/brake control with HydroR and DoubleTap
- SRAM PG-1130 Powerglide wide-range cassette
Expect Apex 1 to hit the road on entry and mid-level road, cyclocross and fitness bikes.
More Info: Visit SRAM.com