After months of spy shots and expectation, SRAM finally pulled the wraps on their all-new CX1 1×11 cyclocross group. It comes as no surprise that the top racers of the mud and muck are excited about this advancement. Derailleurs — particularly front derailleurs — become gummed up pretty quickly under the best cyclocross conditions (and by best, I mean snow, mud, gunk, etc.).
With the absolute sledgehammer that is SRAM XX1, the new Force CX1 group makes complete sense. CX races are not high-speed affairs, but are instead filled with obstacles like short, punchy climbs and quick descents. All of these conditions are prime for chain loss and drivetrain inefficiency.
SRAM racers and mechanics are gushing over CX1:
SRAM Force CX1 Details
SRAM Force CX1 ErgoDynamic™ lever
- Bred from the DNA of our best-in-class SRAM RED levers with the added feature of 1X11.
- ErgoFit textured body improves grip and finger wrap with reduced diameter, providing better control, and a better transition to the bar.
- Reach Adjust™ allows you to perfectly set lever reach to your personal specifications.
- Left-hand lever has no shift paddle and weigh just 119 grams. Shifter/brake lever set weights 277 grams.
- Weight: 158 grams right lever, 119 grams left lever
- MSRP: Right $193, Left: $113
SRAM Force CX1 Crankset
- SRAM X-SYNC™ wide-tooth, narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain control, crucial in cyclocross.
- Unidirectional carbon in crank arm matched to a forged alloy spider for lightweight and durability.
- Chainrings available in 38, 40, 42, 44 and 46 teeth to conquer every course from sand dunes to gravel-road assaults.
- Single-ring drivetrain simplifies functionality.
- Weight (42T – 172.5mm): 542 grams (BB30), 710g (GXP)
- MSRP: GXP (Chainring and GXP Cups Not Included): $207
- MSRP: BB30 (Chainring and Bearings Not Included): $249
SRAM Force CX1 X-SYNC Chainring
- SRAM X-SYNC™ 1X chainrings provide the highest level of performance and durability.
- SRAM X-SYNC™ wide-tooth, narrow-tooth chainring technology provides maximum chain control, crucial in ‘cross.
- The sharp and narrow tooth profile as well as rounded chamfer edges help manage a deflected chain.
- Mud-clearing recesses for the inner chain links and rollers.
- Designed by SRAM in Germany, X-SYNC™ rings are an integral part of the SRAM 1X.
- CX1 X-SYNC ™ chainrings are compatible with Quarq brand power meters
- Weight: 75g (42T)
- MSRP: From $126 to $152
SRAM Force CX1 Rear Derailleur
- A dedicated 1x rear derailleur.
- Exact Actuation™ for fast and accurate shifts using SRAM’s 1:1 actuation ratio (shifter cable travel: derailleur movement). 10 and 11 speed compatible.
- X-SYNC™ pulley features a 12-tooth design that helps control the chain’s lateral movement.
- X-HORIZON™ “straight parallelogram” design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force.
- ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™’s one-way roller clutch controls chain tension for consistent shifting.
- CAGE LOCK™ technology makes for fast wheel changes or chain installation.
- Weight: 261g
- MSRP: $235 (Medium Cage 11-Speed)
SRAM PG-1170 Cassette
- Cassette’s semi-spidered design maintains smooth and positive shifting performance with a matched cassette/chain combination that runs near silent and maintains great mud clearing capabilities.
- Weights: 247g (11-26), 257g (11-28), 300g (11-32)
- MSRP: $107 (11-25, 11-26 & 11-28), $118 (11-32)
SRAM PC-1170 Chain
- The narrow SRAM PC-1170 chain features more heavily chamfered outer plates for improved shifting and quieter running. The chrome hardened pin construction provides longer chain life.
- Weight: 242g
- MSRP: $54
More Info: Visit SRAM.com