Powder Mountain has long been one of the sleepiest, yet most appropriately-named resorts in Utah. With the legendary Powder Bus shuttling skiers out of Powder Country combined with a chill, laid-back attitude, PowMow is home to the best pure powder skiing in the state. And with over 5500 acres of skiable terrain, it’s the largest single ski area in the United States! Located 19 miles NE of Ogden and 55 miles from Salt Lake International, it’s a little more out of the way, but it is well worth the drive for the hometown feel and over 500 inches of annual dry Utah powder.
The hill is a little different than usual because the base area sits nearly at the top of the resort and you ski down from there–it really should be called the “summit area”. With the expansive acreage and 2500+ vertical, Powder Mountain is a definite “must ski” on your next Utah vacation.
An Insider’s Tip
Powder Mountain is quite honestly the mecca of powder skiing in the state. With untold glades and perfectly-pitched runs, every day is a powder day at PowMow. With just the right vibe laid-back vibe and out of the way location, Powder Mountain just feels like home. And check out the Lightning Ridge snowcat skiing for only $10 per ride an even more amazing powder experience.
New for This Season
Last year was huge with the installation of the Hidden Lake high-speed quad, so this year’s changes aren’t as dramatic–mostly just refinements. Here are the highlights.
- Snowcat Powder Safari’s operate a single cat with 10 people and 2 guides on 1000 acres of dedicated powder skiing for $300 per day
- Sundown Resort Center and Hidden Lake Lodges both get a complete makeover for increased capacity and efficiency to better serve guests
- The PowMow Snow Sports School now offers a 2-hour powder skiing clinic on days when six or more inches have fallen
- A snowkite lift ticket will be $20 and offer lift access to the Sunrise Lift and 500 acres of terrain
- Expansion of Hidden Lake Terrain Park and Lumberjack forest-style terrain park
More Information on Powder Mountain Resort
Looking for more information about Powder Mountain? Click below for more info.